Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Window

self portrait: window 16"x 20"


I have been trying to make my art more approachable and inviting. While in front of the canvas there are moods and feelings that arise that are consciously and subconsciously translated to the picture plane.
For some reason, most of these emotions have been dealing with doubt, anxiety, and frustration- both with the painting process and in my own life. These issues need to be addressed, no doubt, but I have been neglecting the pleasurable side of painting (and in my own life).
These last two paintings, August Weekend and Window, are more intimate, personal (less abrasive), and hopefully more approachable.

4 comments:

  1. sara i love this. i really can feel the warmth to it, can't wait to see more. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Travis. Not that I know dick about art, but I really like that you are trying to make your work more accessible. This is a good one, Sara. By all means, have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a brilliant painter!!
    Your work is filled with emotion. Be them abrasive or from the fun of it your paintings are filled with life!
    Your most recent work is turbulent and rooted in emotion. In my opinion there is no better combination. Don't EVER stop painting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it too! Rock on gold dust woman

    ReplyDelete